Saturday, June 27, 2009

Within My Heart ...


Today I awoke and within my heart
There was this most beautiful song,
And oh....it is well worth singing about
I'm sure it was there all along.
Today I awoke and upon my face
There is this most wonderful smile,
And oh ... it feels good to smile again
I'm sure it was there all the while.
For so long, a very sad path I walked
I could never hear a song,
My heart was burdened with misery
I walked this path far too long.
My heart was dark, it was full of woe
It was entrapped and would not heal,
Today, my heart feels happiness and joy
And this feeling is so very real.
And oh...... what a joyful noise today
As my heart will sing this song
I am free from the worry and sadness
of a love that was all wrong.
I have learned to count my blessings
This day I can’t help but sing,
As I step into a brighter future
To the joy I am sure it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment