Monday, June 29, 2009

Sometimes...


Sometimes it’s all that can get me through the day

are those thoughts of being carried away.

Lifted up by Your strong arms

and taken away from all of life’s harms.


Sometimes I call out Your name in despair

wondering if You are really there.

Then I hear You gently whisper in my ear

“Remember, I will wipe away every tear.”


Sometimes I reach out for Your hand

wishing You could take me to that faraway land.

Where there will be no more mourning and sorrow

where there is no such thing as wishing for tomorrow.


Sometimes I sing praises in Your precious name

hoping You are listening to the same.

I sing of Your glory and grace

looking upward to where I can see Your face.


Sometimes my heart is filled to the brim

as I remember that I am merely a limb.

And You are the tree that brings life to my body

no longer shall I be weakened or shoddy.


Sometimes I hear Your voice in my head

putting all of my fears to bed.

“I did not give you a spirit of fear”, I hear You say

bringing my thoughts back from wandering astray.


Sometimes I feel Your desire

awaken me like a burning fire.


Don’t merely do these things sometimes, My child.

For to do so would mean your are simply beguiled.

Think of Me, praise Me, and love Me in all of your ways

please don’t allow Me become just a passing phase…..

No comments:

Post a Comment