
"Your faith will help me, and my faith will help you" Romans 1:11-12
Some of us may believe that it is Godly to give but not to receive. When help, prayer, or love is offered to us, we become uncomfortable. We know how to give, to meet others' needs, to nurture; but we do not know how to accept help. Learing to give and to take is part of growing; it allows us to live a more balanced life-style. In her book 'Women Who Love Too Much', Robin Norwood writes, "As we give up the role of supernurturer, we make space for some to nurture us."
Paul realized that he could learn and gain from the people he loved and ministered to in the name of Christ. He did not feel like he had to do all the giving. He longed to visit them and receive help as well as give it.
I am one of those who gave without receiving. I had to learn to receive also. I know many people who are still stuck on the giving and not the receiving. Jesus gave to us without receiving. No greater gift has been bestowed. We must receive this gift! And accept Jesus' way for us to have salvation for eternal life in the Holy of Holies, Heaven with God and His Son.
As I write this I know those who may read it will still not accept the truth about God and His will for our lives. The phrase "Let Go and Let God" touched my heart and opened my eyes. So simple, but so difficult to do. God's plan for His children is so perfect. All we have to do is accept.To all of those who have helped me along my way, I Thank You. No matter how little or great it was I do greatly appreciate everything you have done. Sometime's you never know what impact you can have on another's life by just a simple gester, a kind word or a helping hand extended to them. I pray God Blesses you abundantly in return.
All my Heart, Mind & Soul ....
No comments:
Post a Comment