Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Welcome Mat




You wanna step into my world,

my home?

I welcome you,

but take off your shoes first,

‘cause my world is already a mess.

It is pure chaos.

It is Chex Mix,

(I don’t even like Chex Mix),

and purple markers,

(not violet,

definitely not violet).

Up here, I search for a new place to reside
a place where I’ll understand what happened
and what didn’t.

A place where I’ll know all the right places
to bubble in the answers on my tests with pen, not pencil.

I’m breaking the rules this time.

My world is graffiti

in city alleys

and the dentist’s office.

I’m gonna make sense

and I’ll confuse myself doing so.

And that confusion

will get you lost on the way

to my world,

my home,

my imagination.


I’m sorry,

but I already warned you;

it's really mixed up in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment