Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Peace seeking ...



Sweet peace from Heaven, I struggle within
To understand why I would trade you for sin.
Why my mind wont recall sin's past painful toll
Nor the time that it takes to heal wounds of my soul

Sometimes I get busy leaving no time to seek you
And the Devil's there waiting knowing just what to do.
He starts showing me things,though I don't know he's there
That need fixing or cleaning, some immediate care.
Then before long I've squandered my time for devotion
All the enemy needs is to keep me in motion.

Other times I will freely give you away
When I'm thoughtless or hurtful in things that I say.
There's pride and impatience and selfish desire
And the lust of the flesh set ablaze from Hell's fire.

They all threatened daily one way or another,
So why am I off guard, I'm yet to discover.
Why the voice of my spirit,I tend to ignore
and turn my attention to temptation's roar.

It's amazing to me, when I turn from what's right
How swift and how strongly my spirit must fight
To trample the serpent that longs for the kill
Always watching for signs that I've turned from God's will.

Oh sweet peace from our Lord, I know you'll return
And perhaps this time, once for all, I will learn
That if sin is my nature, then I must ever try
To capture each thought letting nothing slip by
For God longs to supply you abundant in me
And by seeking him daily, I will be set free!

No comments:

Post a Comment