Sometimes I just need to cry
Because it hurts
The pain cannot be borne
Because the sad I feel
Still lingers in the morn
Within my tears
Are the secrets of my soul
Those intrinsic truths not spoken of
Too much of life has taken its toll
Lord,Sometimes I want to cry and just shed a tear
I hold tight to faith that God is near
just know that I need a little time
to fight back the tears... and I'll be fine
There is love in my sorrow, there is love in my tears
Give me the courage and strength, through the coming years
to hold on to yesterday's memories, so all may know
the love in my heart and the love from my soul
Oh, I want the rainbows but I don't want the storms
I want the roses but I don't want the thorns
Oh, sometimes I want to be weak and lean on you
to find comfort and strength in all I say and do
Lord,Sometimes I want to cry and just shed a tear
I hold tight to faith that God is near
just know that I need a little time
to fight back the tears... and I'll be fine
I assure myself everything is ok
But who am I fooling?
Then I burst into a spirit of rage
I have questions, and there are answers
But I'm afraid and much too weak
When I try to explain
I hear I'm hearing wrong and need to be meek
But this is how I feel, there's no wrong or right
But as I battle with myself, I always lose the fight
Lord,Sometimes I want to cry and just shed a tear
I hold tight to faith that God is near
just know that I need a little time
to fight back the tears... and I'll be fine
There is a great deal of depression that has overtaken my soul
It floods deep within, into every inch that makes me whole
I wonder and worry of thought throughout the day
What is to come, to my dismay
As a flood of tears pour out of me in all my expressions
more and more comes, more and more depression
I reach as for someone to care
But no one is ever there
This feeling of lonliness
is far too much to bare
Lord,Sometimes I want to cry and just shed a tear
I hold tight to faith that God is near
just know that I need a little time
to fight back the tears... and I'll be fine
I just need one person
to really give a damn
to stand along beside me
while I come up with a plan
a shoulder to cry on
a hand to hold
to hear those words
YES YOU CAN! ...
One thing I sure have learned
no matter how much you get burned
Gods still the only one
that will always be there
when you make that turn
Lord,Sometimes I want to cry and just shed a tear
I hold tight to faith that God is near
just know that I need a little time
to fight back the tears... and I'll be fine
No comments:
Post a Comment